Museum Camp Counselor
Coordinator of Museum Education
Job Description and Goals:
The Museum Education Camp Counselor will experience the inner workings of the museum's youth programs. By working on a variety of projects that require different skills, the Museum Education Camp Counselor will gain valuable insight into what future career path to pursue.
• Assist with the daily operation of the Education Department, including handling reservations, scheduling programs and other administrative duties
• Help research and develop activities and programs for both school & youth groups (ex. pre-school workshops, school vacation activities, scout programs, summer camp)
• Create promotional flyers/brochures for school & youth programs
• Assist with the daily operations of the Colonial Kids' Adventure Camp and workshops.
• Work from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday during the months of July and August.
The candidate is required to have:
A practical knowledge of Microsoft Office
An interest in working with children and education
Professional demeanor and dress
A major or interest in a field related to the museum (e.g. history, communications, education)
A positive attitude and willingness to learn and share duties with museum staff
To apply, please contact Beth Sweeney at 860-521-5362 ext.14.